Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

QPR 0-4 Forest

27 November 2019

Nottingham Forest ran riot in London as they dispatched 10-man Queens Park Rangers 4-0 this evening.

Tobias Figueiredo's first goal for the club gave The Reds a first-half lead which Lewis Grabban added to after Lee Wallace was shown a straight red card for the hosts.
Joao Carvalho and Alfa Semedo both came off the bench to add further goals and gloss to the evening as Forest deservedly took all three points back to Nottingham.
Sabri Lamouchi made one change from the side that claimed a point away at Bristol City at the weekend, with Albert Adomah replacing the suspended Ryan Yates for The Reds' visit to the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.
And Forest made an ideal start to the match, going in front after 15 minutes. After dominating the play early on they were rewarded with a rare Tobias Figueiredo goal. Lolley's corner from the right was nodded home by the Portuguese defender to give Forest a deserved lead.
Forest continued to control possession as the half wore on and nearly doubled their advantage after half-an-hour into the match. Another set piece found Joe Worrall at the back post who cleverly cushioned his header to Sammy Ameobi in the six-yard box, however, the winger was unable to make enough contact with ball to direct it past Joe Lumley in the Rangers goal.
The home side did manage to test Brice Samba after 35 minutes when Nahki Wells tried his luck from inside the area. The former Huddersfield Town striker found some space on the edge of the visitors' penalty area and unleashed a powerful left-footed shot but The Reds stopper palmed the ball away to safety.
Despite Rangers coming back into the match in the final minutes of the first half, Forest remained solid at the back and maintained their lead going into the break.
Five minutes after the restart The Reds were handed a huge boost when the hosts were reduced to 10 men. Defender Lee Wallace was adjudged to have pulled down Lolley who was through on goal and he was duly shown a straight red by referee Stephen Martin.
However, shortly after the dismissal of Wallace the home side nearly found themselves level through substitute Josh Scowen. The midfielder ran onto a cross from the right and directed a powerful header which had Samba beaten but the ball whistled past the post and Forest remained one up. 
Just before the hour mark The Reds made their first change of the match with Joao Carvalho replacing Albert Adomah and as the match entered the final quarter-of-an-hour Forest were looking to finish off the home side.
Figueiredo almost added his second as he had a header cleared off the line before substitute Carvalho saw his right-footed volley blocked by the Rangers defence.
With just 10 minutes remaining, The Reds finally got their second of the match. A break from the left saw Ameobi play an inviting ball to Lewis Grabban in the six-yard box who side-footed the ball effortlessly past Lumley to double the visitors' advantage.
Forest were now cruising and with the Rangers defence all at sea, they added a third through a superb solo goal from Carvalho. After dancing past a couple of challenges, the Portuguese playmaker nutmegged a defender before cheekily poking the ball home from a tight angle.
The Reds were not finished there and made it four in stoppage time as substitute Alfa Semedo, who had only been on the pitch a matter of minutes, slotted home from close range. A Matty Cash shot from the right was spilled by Lumley and after Ameobi squared the ball, Semedo had the simple task of tapping into the empty net.
A joyous night on the road for Forest, making it four points out of six from two tough away games ahead of the big clash with Cardiff at The City Ground on Saturday.


Forest: Samba, Cash, Figueiredo, Worrall, Robinson, Watson (c), Silva, Adomah (Carvalho 60'), Lolley (Bostock 75'), Ameobi, Grabban (Semedo 85')

Unused subs: Muric, Mir, Dawson, Chema

Goals: Figueiredo 15', Grabban 81', Carvalho 88', Semedo 90'

Bookings: Cash 52', Bostock 76'

QPR: Lumley, Kane, Hall (c), Leistner, Wallace, Manning, Amos (Hugill 46'), Ball, Eze, Chair (Scowen 53'), Wells (Samuel 83')

Unused subs: Barnes, Cameron, Pugh, Mlakar

Booking: Scowen 57'

Sent off: Wallace 50'

Referee: Stephen Martin

Attendance: 12,937 (1,860 away)

Advertisement block