Nottingham Forest Football Club have a vacancy for a Head of Academy Recruitment.
Head of Academy Recruitment
Organisation: Nottingham Forest Football Club
Location: Nottingham (Travel required)
Contract type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing date for applications: 31 March 2017
Reporting to: Academy Manager
- Recruit (and identify via the relevant age group recruitment co-ordinators) players of required quality to represent Nottingham Forest’s Academy.
- Maintain and enhance the local, regional and any national scouting networks to fulfil the above criteria.
- Ensure that scouts report back to the club with quality and in an efficient manner and maintain all such documentation - including uploading information onto the PMA database.
- Ensure that the required recruitment data is produced for EPPP inspection/audit.
- Assist scouts working with the U9-23 age groups by providing scout education and making available other training to enhance their skills and knowledge for their jobs.
- Maintain and develop strong links with schools, districts, counties, and international associations, as well as junior leagues.
- Ensure with the Lead Phase Coach that the correct procedure is carried out for trialists.
- Be available to scout for players wherever and whenever the Academy Manager can reasonably expect. This may occasionally mean overnight or longer trips and will incur travel outside the UK.
- Up-to-date FA Talent Identification Course
- Satisfactory DBS check
- Up-to-date Child Protection Certificate
- Three years of experience working in an Academy or Centre of Excellence with relevant age groups in coaching/recruitment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Availability for flexible working hours
- IT literacy
- Professional playing experience
- FA Youth Award
- Age-specific FA Youth Course
- Coaching qualifications at UEFA ‘B’ Licence and above
- Teaching Qualification/Sports Science/Business Degree
- Experience as a line manager
- Experience as Head of Recruitment
- Experience as Youth Coach or Head of Coaching
- Additional work-related qualifications inc. First Aid and Coaching Qualifications
Nottingham Forest are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Nottingham Forest are also committed to equality and diversity and believes in equal opportunities for all. We require all staff, volunteers and others associated with the club to share and endorse this commitment.