Today is the last day to apply for the Club Journalist role in the Nottingham Forest media department.Reporting to the Media and Communications Manager and working closely alongside the Multimedia Editor and Programme and Website Editor, the Club Journalist will play a crucial role in delivering high-quality content across Forest’s communications platforms.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting all interviews with first-team head coach, staff and players for the club’s video subscription service, Forest Player
- Writing content for nottinghamforest.co.uk
- Conducting and writing all interviews and news pieces for the matchday programme and assisting with proof-reading
- Presenting features to camera on Forest Player
- Writing club statements and other formal communications
- Developing and implementing new ways of driving traffic to nottinghamforest.co.uk
- Writing match reports at every first-team fixture, home and away
- Working closely with the club’s marketing and commercial departments to ensure a consistent standard of written communication is maintained across the board
- Running the club’s pre and post-match social media output at away matches, also playing a key role at home games
- Managing the website in the absence of the Programme and Website Editor (full training provided if required)
- Covering pre-season trips abroad
- Accompanying players to external events
- Assisting with other tasks as required, eg. photography
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A relevant further education qualification, eg. a journalism degree
- Outstanding literacy skills and an ability to communicate information concisely and professionally
- An ability to liaise professionally with high-profile club figures and senior management
- A full UK driving licence and own car
- A high work-rate and willingness to commit to unsociable hours
- Experience of working in a media department (preferred)
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Friday 22 July, with interviews scheduled for the week commencing Monday 25 July.