Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Walker Continues Scoring Spree

7 April 2014

Tyler Walker netted his fourth goal in five starts as Nottingham Forest’s Under 21s were beaten 5-2 at Leeds United this afternoon.

Guy Moussi completed an hour of the game alongside Jack Blake in the heart of The Reds’ midfield.
Forest got off to a poor start with only five minutes on the clock. Luke Parkin was played through and from just inside the area he coolly guided home past Dimitar Evtimov.
The fast-paced opening then made way for a scrappy affair with fierce challenges going in from both sides in the wet conditions.
Walker was a sprightly inclusion for Jimmy Gilligan's men and he soon got his name on the scoresheet to level the match.
Stephen McLaughlin's whipped cross skimmed past Walker's head but the striker made up for the disappointment. In the same spell of play, the ball found its way back into the box and the 17-year-old made a difficult finish look easy, hooking the ball into the corner of the net from close range.
Forest continued to pose a danger with the first half nearing its close, with McLaughlin and Ilias Polimos both spurning decent chances to take the lead.
The second period started similarly to the first, much to Gilligan's frustration.
Parkin caught the Forest defence napping as he made the most of Chris Dawson's teasing lay-off to blast in his second of the afternoon.
The home side pressed in an intimidating fashion in the hope of a third. Moussi was easily dispossessed midway inside his own half leaving Dawson to race through but Evtimov made a smart save.
The Whites didn't have to wait much longer to get the reward of a third goal.
The impressive Dawson showed great pace and balance to get inside the box and deliver the cross for Kalvin Phillips to powerfully bury past a helpless Evtimov.
With their tails still wagging, Leeds pounced to get a fourth. Phillips' perfect cross met the on-rushing Afolabi Coker who side-footed it into the corner to put the game beyond reach.
Forest got a quick-fire reply to give themselves a glimmer of hope. Derrick Otim played in McLaughlin and with momentum he took the ball around the keeper and finished with ease.
The game seemed to be fizzling out, until Dawson woke everyone up again with a brilliant individual goal.
The flair-forward picked the ball up from 30 yards out, jinked past three Forest defenders and executed with confidence from just inside the area into the bottom corner to complete the rout and round off a superb solo display.
The Reds will be looking to bounce back and end their campaign in style in their final game against Barnsley on Friday (11 April, kick-off 2pm)
Team: Evtimov, Polimos, Kamaneno, Rees, Fenton, Hollingsworth (Worrall 67'), Moussi (Otim 60'), Blake, Walker, McLaughlin, Guthmy (Burke 82')

Advertisement block