Hetty's has been supporting families in crisis since 1996.Hetty's was set up by a small group of mums who themselves had suffered the pain, chaos and heartache of being affected by a loved ones drug misuse. Through their passion and determination to support others in situations similar to themselves, Hetty's has grown into the unique organisation it is today.
Substance misuse can have a huge impact on the breakdown of family relationships. Families often end up entwined in a world they have neither chosen or necessarily know how to get out of. Families can experience an array of emotions:
- Physical/mental Health deterioration
Families can often become the victims of unreported family crime, domestic violence and financial abuse. The strain this putís on society financially due to days of work, medication for low level depression etc can spiral very quickly.
Hetty's support families across Nottinghamshire to recover in their own right, and we also ensure families if they choose are considered and play an active role within a drug or alcohol users recovery journey. Hetty's does this by through:
- Telephone support line - 9am-7pm 365 days per year
- One to one support - in clients homes or other suitable venues
- Group support - to enable families to meet others in similar situations to themselves
- Family Mediation - to improve family functioning
- Kinship care - practical and emotional support for family members caring for children due to parental substance misuse
- Criminal Justice work - education and awareness for offenders to understand the impact their substance misuse has on their family
- Complementary Therapies - to improve emotional health and wellbeing
Here are some of the opinions of families Hetty's have supported:
"Hetty's have provided a lifeline for me when I thought I could no longer cope"
"They don't judge you and offer you a wealth of experience and knowledge."
"Hetty's is like a silent smiling face looking at me, saying "You can change yours and your daughterís life for the better - you deserve it."
To donate to Hettys please go to www.localgiving.com/hettys