Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 11:00 (UK)

02 November 2019 Venue Nottingham Forest Training Ground Attendance

Kick off 11:00 (UK)

Nottingham Forest
3 - 2

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Lineup will be displayed here shortly before the game

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Under 18s: Forest 3-2 Barnsley

2 November 2019

Nottingham Forest Under 18s came from behind to record a 3-2 win over Barnsley in an entertaining encounter at The Nigel Doughty Academy on Saturday.

Callum Walmsley gave Barnsley the lead before Forest's trialist equalised a few minutes later and although Aiden Marsh restored the visitors’ advantage, an own goal and a late Alexander Gibson-Hammond strike saw The Reds come away with all three points. 

Barnsley started the brighter of the two sides and they created a couple of superb opportunities within the opening 20 minutes. 

Firstly, Brad Binns’ pass found Marsh, who poked an effort towards goal, but it was excellently saved by Michael Statham. Then moments later, Marsh’s pull back made its way to Kareem Hassan-Smith, but his goal-bound attempt was stopped by the Forest ‘keeper at point blank range. 

The visitors’ pressure paid off as they opened the scoring in the 23rd minute. A well-worked corner was met by Walmsley, who headed the ball into the back of the net past Statham.

Forest responded well to going a goal down, and The Reds levelled just seven minutes later. Trialist came inside from the right and curled a 25-yard effort which looped over Kieran Flavell and into the top corner. 

Marsh was the architect to another great chance for Barnsley just before half-time. His cross caused havoc inside the box, and it fell to Newton Sila-Conde who’s effort was brilliantly blocked by Forest captain Samuel Sanders, as the sides went into the break level. 

The Tykes were down to 10-men just after the restart as Binns was sent off following a challenge in the middle of the park. 

However, that red card didn’t stop Barnsley from regaining the lead. In the 65th minute, Marsh was played in on-goal and he tucked the ball into the corner of the net past Statham. 

As the half wore on, Forest started to utilise the one-man advantage and create opportunities of their own. 

With just over a quarter of an hour to play, The Reds equalised for a second time. Trialist’s cross was fortuitously put into his own net by Barnsley defender Will Lancaster. 

Forest kept going in-search of a third goal and they found a winner in the 91st minute. Gibson-Hammond jinked inside and curled a shot which flew into the bottom corner. 

Just a few minutes later, the referee blew the final whistle as the young Reds bounced back from two consecutive defeats. 

Forest: Statham, Back, Johnson, Mbakop Fankwe, Boland, Sanders (c), Trialist, Hammond, Osong, Andrew, Gibson-Hammond

Subs: Liburd-Hines, Donnelly, McAdam, Darlington, Solomon

Goals: Trialist 30', Own goal 74', Gibson-Hammond 90'

Advertisement block

Advertisement block