Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 11:00 (UK)

07 March 2020 Venue Nottingham Forest Training Ground Attendance

Kick off 11:00 (UK)

Nottingham Forest
3 - 0
Hull City

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Lineup will be displayed here shortly before the game

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Under 18s: Forest 3-0 Hull

9 March 2020

A dominant team performance from the Nottingham Forest Under 18s saw them take all three points against Hull City in a 3-0 victory at The Nigel Doughty Academy.

Ethan Dekel-Daks shone for the young Reds as he netted the first two goal and set up the third which was an own goal from Hull's centre back Jeron Mills.

It was a lively start to the game as both teams looked to take control of the match but Forest were able to get the early foothold as they created the better goalscoring opportunities.

The Reds' first chance came as Dekel-Daks took aim from close range but a great save by Hull's goalkeeper Harvey Cartwright stopped Forest taking the early lead. Soon after, Detlef Esapa-Osong received the ball in the area and diverted it towards the goal but Cartwright pulled off another great save to prevent Forest from getting their opener.

Forest made the breakthrough after a looping cross found Alexander Gibson-Hammond at the back post and he pulled the ball back for Dekel-Daks who was waiting in the six-yard box and he fired the ball over Cartwright's head into the roof of the net.

Dekel-Daks got his second of the game when he picked the ball up on the far left after a initial clearance by Hull, he dribbled into the area before drilling a shot through the crowed box finding the bottom right of the goal.

The Reds took control early into the second half with fast-paced attacking. A chance to go three up came after some brilliant individual skill from Dekel-Daks as he dribbled along the by-line and into the box before cutting back where he found Esapa Osong on the six-yard box but his shot was saved by Cartwright.

A fortunate own goal by Hull's defender, Jeron Mills, put Forest three up. A free kick from the far right delivered by Dekel-Daks who whipped it into the box for Esapa-Osong to get his head onto it but his header looked to be going wide but Mills stuck his leg out and turned the ball into his own goal.

A dominate final 10 minutes saw The Reds come close to getting their fourth goal of the game on multiple occasions but despite failing to get on the scoresheet one more time, they saw the remainder of the contest out for a comfortable victory.

The Under 18s are next in action when they travel to Bolton Wanderers on Saturday 14th March (kick-off 11am).

Forest: Liburd-Hines, Spooner (Boland 85’), Bello, Mutoti, Donnelly, Sanders, Amekortu, Hammond, Esapa Osong, Dekel-Daks, Gibson-Hammond

Subs not used: Bott, Boland, McAdam, Perkins, Korpal

Goals: Dekel-Daks 24’, 37’, Mills (o.g.) 53'

Bookings: Mutoti 77’ 

Advertisement block

Advertisement block