Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 13:00 (UK)

09 December 2017 Venue FA Youth Cup third round - The Energy Check County Ground Attendance

Kick off 13:00 (UK)

Swindon Town
1 - 3
Nottingham Forest

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Lineup will be displayed here shortly before the game

Advertisement block

Match Reports

FA Youth Cup: Swindon 1-3 Forest

11 December 2017

Nottingham Forest progressed to the fourth round of the FA Youth Cup following a 3-1 win at Swindon Town on Saturday.

The Reds travelled to Wiltshire knowing that victory would set up a home tie against Leicester City and they started on the front foot with Arvin Appiah causing problems for the home defence.

With 39 minutes on the clock, Forest took a deserved lead. A corner was whipped into the penalty area and Riley Harbottle was on hand to stab the ball into the back of the net beyond Swindon goalkeeper Archie Matthews.

The home side responded well to going behind and they restored parity eight minutes into the second half. Jordan Edwards delivered a free-kick into the penalty area and Teoman Atik glanced a header past Rudolfs Soloha.

Appiah had been a menace all afternoon and he restored Forest's lead two minutes later. The winger raced towards goal and produced a fine curling finish beyond Matthews to put The Reds back in front.

Forest needed a two-goal lead to be comfortable and they got it with 11 minutes to play. Luke McCormick curled a free-kick from the edge of the penalty area into the top corner of the Swindon net to put The Reds in complete control of the tie.

The final minutes of the game passed without any real goalscoring opportunities for either side to confirm Forest's place in the fourth round and a home tie against Leicester City at The City Ground.

Forest: Soloha, Richardson, Harbottle (Willetts 85'), Stewart, Preston, Smith, Charlesworth, Appiah, En-Neyah (Mighten 77'), McCormick (Bondswell 90'), Johnson

Subs not used: Liburd-Hines, Asare

Goals: Harbottle 39', Appiah 58', McCormick 79'

Referee: Adrian Harris

Attendance: 178

Advertisement block

Advertisement block