Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

03 October 2018 Venue The City Ground Attendance

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - Championship

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Forest 2-2 Millwall

3 October 2018

A late equaliser from Lee Gregory saw Nottingham Forest play out a 2-2 draw against Millwall at The City Ground.

Joe Lolley and Joao Carvalho had given The Reds a two-goal lead but The Lions hit back thanks to Shaun Williams and Gregory's 90th-minute goal for a share of the spoils.

A temporary floodlight failure in the second half saw a delay with 20 minutes left on the clock and Forest will be left ruing what could have been as they let the advantage slip away.

Aitor Karanka made one change to the side which drew at Blackburn at the weekend, with Ben Osborn coming into the team to make his 200th appearance for the club in place of Matty Cash who dropped to the bench.

It was the visitors who started brightly and used their aerial advantage to come close to taking an early lead. Lee Gregory got a header on goal from Shane Ferguson's left-wing cross, only to see his effort crash off the crossbar on five minutes, and a few minutes later Tom Elliott's header was pushed around the post by Costel Pantilimon.

Pantilimon was called into action again on 18 as he couldn't get any distance on his punch clear from a hanging cross, but recovered well to push away Ferguson's volley.

The Reds then got hold of the ball and forced some pressure back on to the visitors, winning a corner and Lewis Grabban flicking an effort wide of the target from Osborn's cross.

Osborn was again involved on 27 as Forest took the lead. The midfielder teed up Joe Lolley on the edge of the box who was allowed the time to turn and drill an effort beyond Ben Amos and into the bottom corner.

The visitors continued to be a threat from set pieces, with Forest unable to clear a deep free kick into the area on 35 and Pantilimon coming to the rescue again to deny a close-range shot from Gregory.

It could have been two for The Reds on 39 however, as Jack Robinson found himself in acres of space on the left-hand side. The ball eventually found its way to him but his shot was blocked behind for a corner.

The second half started as a much tighter affair with the defences standing firm. Lolley lashed an effort over the bar on 58 and then Ferguson had a golden chance for the visitors just after the hour mark but he couldn't connect with a cross at the back post.

An unexpected floodlight failure caused a 10-minute delay in proceedings but just two minutes after the restart, Joao Carvalho lit up The City Ground with a stunning free kick.

Adlene Guedioura was hauled down 25 yards from goal and the Portuguese stepped up to curl an effort over the wall and into the net via the woodwork, beating the despairing dive of Amos.

But the two-goal lead lasted just five minutes as Williams headed home from a cross into the area, beating Pantilimon to the ball to give The Lions a lifeline, and three minutes later they thought they had levelled but referee Jonathan Moss blew up for a foul on a Forest defender in a crowded penalty area as the ball hit the back of the net.

The visitors continued to press forward and as the game ticked towards injury time they snatched an equalizer as Gregory tapped the ball home after Ryan Leonard played it across the face of goal.

There was still time for Ferguson to fire across goal in the closing stages as The Lions searched for an unlikely winner, but it ended all square at The City Ground.

Forest: Pantilimon, Janko, Hefele, Fox (c), Robinson, Guedioura, Colback, Lolley (Cash 58'), Carvalho (Dawson 80'), Osborn (Dias 73'), Grabban

Unused subs: Steele, Watson, Murphy, Darikwa

Goals: Lolley 27', Carvalho 70'

Booking: Robinson 65'

Millwall: Amos, Romeo, Cooper, Wallace, Meredith (Bradshaw 75'), Skalak (O'Brien 68'), Leonard, Williams (c), Ferguson, Elliott (Morison 75'), Gregory

Unused subs: Archer, McLaughlin, Webster, Tunnicliffe

Goals: Williams 75', Gregory 90'

Bookings: Ferguson 51', Leonard 69'

Referee: Jonathan Moss

Attendance: 25,753 (387 away)

Advertisement block

Advertisement block