Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

24 November 2018 Venue KCOM Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - Championship

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Hull 0-2 Forest

24 November 2018

Nottingham Forest put in a fine all-round performance to earn a deserved victory against Hull City.

Second-half goals from Lewis Grabban and Joe Lolley saw The Reds run out 2-0 winners at the KCOM Stadium as they made it six games unbeaten away from home.

Forest made a good start to the game as they dominated possession of the ball and created a few early openings which could have seen them take the lead.

Joao Carvalho dragged a shot wide of the target in the second minute before Matty Cash saw an effort deflect over the bar as he fired at goal from a tight angle.

Carvalho's through ball set Lewis Grabban free in the area on 16 minutes and, after hurdling a diving challenge in the box, the front man dragged his shot wide when he probably should have hit the target.

Another opportunity came Forest's way on 36 minutes as Jack Robinson met Tendayi Darikwa's deep cross to the back post, but he could only header over the bar as The Reds failed to take an advantage into the break that they would have deserved.

A substitution for the home side at the break saw them make a tactical change too and a fierce free kick from more than 30 yards by Kamil Grosicki kept Costel Pantilimon alert as he was forced to parry his drive over the crossbar.

But it was still The Reds who carried on to dominate the ball and look the more likely to find the breakthrough, and it was that man Grabban who was on hand to send the sold-out away end wild.

A great break by Forest saw Cash driving forward through the middle of the pitch. His shot was parried by David Marshall, with the second ball picked up by The Reds. It looked like Lolley's shot was going to be cleared by a Hull defender, only for him to slice his clearance to Grabban who gratefully tucked it home from close range.

The one-goal lead soon turned to two as Lolley exchanged a one-two with Carvalho on the edge of the box before firing into the back of the net via a deflection to put Forest firmly in control of the game.

It could have been more but Marshall was on hand to keep out Lolley's shot on 69, with the Scottish keeper also stopping Cash's effort on 73 as Karanka's men went in search of some gloss to the scoreline.

They couldn't find it but they sent the travelling fans home happy with a convincing performance and victory on Humberside.

Forest: Pantilimon, Darikwa, Dawson (c), Figueiredo, Robinson, Yacob, Colback, Cash (Osborn 82'), Carvalho, Lolley, Grabban (Ansarifard 85')

Unused subs: Steele, Guedioura, Janko, Dias, Hefele

Goals: Grabban 61', Lolley 64'

Hull: Marshall (c), Burke, de WIjs, Elphick, Lichaj, Bowen, Irvine (Keane 86'), Batty (Kane 62'), Grosicki, Martin (Stewart 46'), Campbell

Unused subs: Long, Mazuch, McKenzie, Sheaf

Bookings: Irvine 37', Campbell 90'

Referee: Graham Scott

Attendance: 13,364 (2,424 away)

Advertisement block

Advertisement block