Nottingham Forest take on Spanish side Girona FC for the first time tonight at The City Ground in a pre-season friendly (kick-off 7.45pm).
The fixture is one of two in England for Pablo Machin's side as they train at Manchester City's facilities, with a second fixture lined up against League One side Oldham Athletic.
Here are a few facts about Girona to get to know them ahead of tonight's game:
- Girona are nicknamed Blanquivermell, which translates to the White and Reds.
- The club was formed in 1930 and they play their home games at the 13,500 capacity Montilivi stadium.
- Girona finished second in La Liga 2 last season, the second tier in Spain, to secure promotion to La Liga for the first time in their history.
- Two players familiar to English football have joined Girona this summer, with both Bernardo Espinosa and Cristhian Stuani leaving recently-relegated Middlesbrough.
- Former Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Spanish international full back Delfi Geli is the club's president.
Tickets for tonight's game are still available in-person at the Forest ticket office, by calling 0115 982 4388 or by visiting tickets.nottinghamforest.co.uk.