Nottingham Forest Statement
Nottingham Forest welcomes applications from the community.
Prospective employees will be recruited on the basis of qualifications and experience relevant to the role, regardless of age, gender, marital status, creed, colour, race, ethnic origin, nationality or disability.
We will not accept unsolicited applications, as this is in breach of the Club's Recruitment Policy.
All vacant positions will be advertised here.
Vacancy: Assistant Accountant
Nottingham Forest is recruiting for the position of Accounts Assistant to work within the Nottingham Forest Finance Department.
Assist in providing prompt, purposeful and accurate financial information and statistics to the Management Accountant and Head of Finance.
1 - To assist in the production of the monthly management accounts pack in accordance with a reasonable timetable; provide commentary and variance analysis for various P&L items as set by the Management Accountant and Head of Finance.
2 - Ensure the accuracy of the underlying books and records of the Club that culminate in the monthly management accounts by overseeing (amongst other procedures) that the bank account is reconciled on a daily basis, ticket office sales journals are accurately posted and the monthly petty cash postings/reconciliations are performed.
3 - Accurate posting of the company credit card expenditure, liaising with the cardholders to ensure receipts/invoices are promptly received and all relevant VAT is claimed where allowed.
4 - Undertake balance sheet reconciliations monthly ensuring all control accounts (sales and purchase ledgers) agree to the Sage accounting software.
5 - Assist in maintaining the asset registers, ensuring copy invoices are kept of all additions/disposals and depreciation is accurately charged in accordance with the accounting policies.
6 - Ensure supplier statements are reconciled on a timely basis as reasonably directed by the Management Accountant and Head of Finance and that regular contras/payments are made to large suppliers such as Kitbag Limited and Azure Support Services Limited, such that the underlying business relationships with those key suppliers are maintained.
7 - Produce both half year and full year end files that are to be supplied to the auditors in accordance with the agreed timetables and in such a way that the information contained within the file produces accounts that show a true and fair view of the Club’s accounting records. Both files are to be reviewed by the Management Accountant and Head of Finance before being released to the auditors.
8 - For half year and full year audits, be the first point of contact for the external auditors ensuring that all queries are resolved and explained promptly.
9 - Oversee the workload and development of the Accounts Assistant to ensure that the company’s books and records are maintained to the highest standard possible as reasonably set by the Management Accountant and Head of Finance. Provide mentoring/training where necessary.
10 - Complete and submit the Office of National Statistics returns within the deadlines.
1 - Produce the quarterly VAT return for review by the Management Accountant and Head of Finance in accordance with the reasonable timetable set by the Financial Controller in order to meet HMRC’s expectations and then file the return online via the HMRC website.
2 - Ensure that the VAT return is completed in accordance with appropriate laws and regulations, and where there is doubt or concern to refer those issues in the first instance to the Management Accountant and Head of Finance, and be prepared to resolve those matters with the Club’s external advisors.
1 - Undertake duties on first team home match days at the direction of the Management Accountant and Head of Finance. These duties are expected to be outside of the Finance Department and may involve duties that require specific training and/or reporting to other departmental heads on match days themselves.
1 - Work closely with all other staff to ensure that the Finance Department operates to the mutual benefit of the Club.
2 - Undertake such other activities and responsibilities as the Management Accountant, Head of Finance and/or the Executive Directors may reasonably request from time to time.
- Previous experience of using Sage Line 50
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Intermediate level AAT or equivalent experience
- Two years’ experience in the same or similar role
- Good attention to detail and analytical skills
- Effectively communicate at all levels
If you would like to be considered for interview for this role please send a covering letter explaining how you fit the above criteria, along with your current CV to:
Nottingham Forest Football Club
The City Ground
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 22nd August.
Matchday Betting Cashiers / Assistant Managers
In-stadium betting operator BD stadia are looking to add to their team of part-time cashiers and assistant managers to assist in the processing of fans bets on match day at Nottingham Forest
Hours: On match days, 3-7 hours per match (weekends and evenings)
Rate of pay: £8.33 per hour
All applicants for assistant manager roles must have relevant experience.
As part of the BD Stadia in-stadium betting team, duties include:
▪ Processing cash bets from supporters in football stadiums prior to kick off
▪ Promoting the match day betting service and the relevant specials /promotions
▪ Cash handling and reconciling paperwork quickly and efficiently
▪ Delivering high levels of customer service and promoting brand awareness.
The successful candidates must be:
▪ Honest and reliable
▪ Professional and smart in appearance
▪ Available to work weekend and evening fixtures for the duration of the season, including over Christmas and Easter
▪ Able to converse confidently and clearly
▪ Proven experience in customer service and cash handling
Additional hours and responsibilities may be available to the right candidates
Please note, due to gambling commission legislation we can only offer this position to candidates over the age of 18.
Due to the number of applications received we are only able to contact those who are successful. Some applicants may be contacted at a later date when additional spaces become available.
Job title:Part Time Customer Advisor
Location: Nottingham Forest Megastore, The City Ground
We are looking for a part-time Customer Advisors to join our team.
You will be at the sharp end of the business, dealing with fans and helping to create an experience they will never forget.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Providing the highest levels of customer service.
- Processing customer transactions and orders at the tills.
- Football shirt printing.
- Stock room work, processing deliveries and stock replenishment.
- Cleaning of the shop floor and its supporting areas.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE/COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Retail experience is desirable but not necessary.
- Strong IT skills with an ability to understand new retail systems quickly.
- A real passion for sport – particularly football.
- The candidate must have a real focus on the customer and understand the importance of the level of service we offer.
- They must be extremely organised and have a logical approach to work
- Applicants must be available to work all Matchdays
Please send a CV and covering letter stating your availability to:
Nottingham Forest Megastore
The City Ground
Work ExperienceWe are keen to encourage young people's development in all aspects of life and welcome applicants for work experience wherever possible.However as there is a large volume of applicants for work experience placements at Nottingham Forest we must operate on a first come first serve basis.Places are allocated several months in advance.We offer unpaid work experience for a maximum of one week within our Marketing, Commercial and Retail departments.To apply for a placement please write, clearly marking on the envelope which department you are interested in joining, to Department Name, The City Ground Nottingham NG2 5FJ.The letter should include:- Your preferred dates for Work Experience- Your age and contact details- The name of the school/college which you attend- School contact name and number- Your reasons for wanting to come to The City GroundTrials at Nottingham ForestWe get a lot of requests regarding trials at Nottingham Forest.Like most clubs, we have a network of scouts who work for the club on a local, national and international basis. They look at players from under 7's up to semi-professional football. They will recommend players for trial.The club do not hold open trials. We always watch players at their local club/school before inviting them in for trial.For more information please click here to go to our Academy pages.Recruitment Policy StatementWe recognise that the Club's success depends upon the calibre of its people. We want to enable all our employees to reach their potential insofar as this is possible within the objectives of Nottingham Forest Football Club, to the mutual benefit of the individual and the organisation.
Our recruitment policy therefore is to identify clearly the role and responsibilities of each job and its contribution to the business as a whole, being flexible where possible in our working practices in order to attract and retain a high calibre of employee. To ensure that we integrate our staff development programme with the needs of the business, wherever possible we will offer newly available posts to internal candidates before seeking a wider range of candidates.
Our aim is to establish an effective workforce, instilling in our employees a desire for excellence, a willingness to take on individual responsibility and to be flexible, and an acceptance of the importance of team co-operation. We take for granted personal integrity, a commitment to self-development and self-reliance. We will encourage innovation.
Skills, experience, potential and motivation will be the major discriminating factors in selecting individuals into jobs. Where it is possible for the job to be done effectively by a qualified part-time employee, or on a job-share basis, we will actively promote the job in this way.
We recognise that as far as possible the offer of employment should indicate a long-term commitment but will consider carefully alternatives in order to meet short-term resource requirements or the needs of our employees.
We will ensure that information is openly available on jobs for which there is not already an identified successor. This will normally be by open advertising within the Club.
We recognise that a vacancy should wherever possible, create a career development opportunity for an existing employee.
recruitment decision in line with the Club's equal opportunities policy.
Managers are responsible for developing their staff to ensure proactive succession planning within their department. Where changes in human resource requirements are necessary, they will consider alternatives to meet short-term requirements. They will consider all applicants and make the
Provides support to managers in exercising their responsibilities specifically in the following areas:
1. Advising on appropriate recruitment methods
2. Planning the recruitment process
3. Drafting job and person specifications
4. Establishing the market rate of pay for the position
5. Assisting with the interviewing and testing of candidates
6. Obtaining employment references
7. Monitoring equal opportunities
8. Making offers of employment
* We will endeavour to provide appropriate staffing levels in all areas in line with agreed business needs.
* Our recruitment practices will be viewed as fair and professional to both internal clients and potential employees.
* We will actively promote the appointment of internal candidates whilst ensuring that this does not compromise on our recruitment standards.
* We will actively encourage managers to review their department structure in order to review the necessity for recruitment.
* Where possible we shall ensure that external appointments will be made at least one level below board level.
* We will ensure that the remuneration for a given position is sufficient to recruit and retain the appropriate calibre of staff.
* All external advertising will be professional and portray the desired Club image in line with corporate advertising.
* Since each appointment is viewed as a key business decision, the recruitment process will be geared to identifying the key skills, knowledge and attitudes required in the successful candidate.
* Employees will be recruited on the basis of their qualifications and experience to do the work to be performed, regardless of sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, and disability or union membership status. In view of this, we will ensure that each manager adheres to the equal opportunities policy and provides management information in relation to this.
* We will ensure that each new recruit undergoes induction training in order to maximise the rate of individual and organisational learning.
* We will continuously review the success of our recruitment process and in doing so continue to improve upon it.
* Prior to vacancies arising we will prompt managers to consider actively succession planning within their department so that vacancies can provide development opportunities for other individuals within the department.
* We will initiate discussion with the manager to ascertain if a vacancy requires advertising, or if it can be filled by a change of job responsibilities within the department, or if temporary cover is more appropriate.
* Once a vacancy has been identified, we will work closely with the appointing manager to produce a job and person specification capable of supporting selection decisions of the highest standards.
* We will advise on appropriate objective assessment methods that will identify the key criteria as outlined in the job and person specifications.
* Recruitment process, timetable and service standards will be agreed in conjunction with the appointing manager.
* All jobs will be advertised internally. External advertising will only take place when there is reasonable justification, for example, where a position carries very tight person specification criteria that only a limited number of people are likely to fit.
* All advertising will be non-discriminatory against gender, marital status, creed, colour, race, ethnic origin, nationality or disability and will not contain matters likely to cause widespread offence.
* Advertisements will be as specific as possible and geared to attracting only those who fill the essential person specification criteria.
* Response handling will be dealt with efficiently and professionally. We will ensure that applications are acknowledged within two days of receipt and applicants will be informed about when they are likely to receive further communication.
* Active consideration of all applicants will take place regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, and disability or union membership status. This process will be monitored and management information produced.
* All job offers will be made on condition that the successful candidate can provide two business references which are satisfactory to us, undergoes a medical examination whose results are acceptable to us and, where qualifications have been stated to be essential for the successful candidate, has furnished proof of their compliance with that requirement.
Until all three conditions have been met, an unconditional offer will not be issued.
* All successful candidates will, wherever possible, receive a copy of the terms and conditions on which employment is offered with their offer letter.
* Prior to an individual commencing employment, an appropriate induction process will be designed.
* After the individual has been appointed, we will review the recruitment process with the manager to ascertain what went well and where improvements could be made. On a regular basis we will examine the longer-term effectiveness of our recruitment strategy and make amendments where necessary.