Nottingham Forest Statement
Nottingham Forest welcomes applications from the community.
Prospective employees will be recruited on the basis of qualifications and experience relevant to the role, regardless of age, gender, marital status, creed, colour, race, ethnic origin, nationality or disability.
We will not accept unsolicited applications, as this is in breach of the Club's Recruitment Policy.
All vacant positions will be advertised here.
Forest Foundation matchday sellers
Do you want to join Nottingham Forest's matchday staff and help us raise funds for the Academy this season?
The Forest Foundation is now recruiting matchday draw sellers for the 2015-16 season, with opportunities for individuals to gain experience whilst earning commission.
Why become a matchday draw seller?
- Commission paid on all sales
- Experience and involvement at a professional football venue
- Development of skills and experience
- See behind the scenes at Nottingham Forest FC
Matchday draw sellers must
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Be honest, reliable and enthusiastic
- Commit to attending the majority of home games
- Have an outgoing personality
Azure at Nottingham Forest Football Club are recruiting casual staff for the forthcoming season. We are looking for team leaders, supervisors, bar staff, waiting staff, kiosk staff and kitchen porters. Work becomes available from the start of August 2015.
A progressive and lively company, we welcome applicants who are enthusiastic and energetic and are keen to join a dedicated and hardworking team. You will work at the heart of a busy event and be expected to deliver excellent customer service to our clients and guests.
Due to the nature of event catering, we are not in a position to offer full or part time work. Work is offered on a casual basis. This means that we will offer you work when we have matches, banqueting, corporate or private functions, depending on how much you impress.
At Azure, we set high standards which we constantly strive to improve; our staff are the key to the success of our operation.
We are looking for:
Experienced Bar Staff
Hospitality Waiting Staff
Back of house staff; Wash Ups and Kitchen Porters
We would like to hear from you if you enjoy working in a team, thrive in an exciting and busy working atmosphere and think that you might have a sparkle and shine that ensures you stand out in a crowd!
We offer competitive rates of pay and endeavour to offer all staff training and development and the opportunity for progression within the company.
For an insight into who we are, take a look at our website:
If you are interested in finding out how to join the team at Nottingham Forest, please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Jackie Sharpe at the address below
We look forward to hearing from you
Please Note: In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 we require applicants to provide proof of their right to work in the UK.
Work ExperienceWe are keen to encourage young people's development in all aspects of life and welcome applicants for work experience wherever possible.However as there is a large volume of applicants for work experience placements at Nottingham Forest we must operate on a first come first serve basis.Places are allocated several months in advance.We offer unpaid work experience for a maximum of one week within our Marketing, Commercial and Retail departments.To apply for a placement please write, clearly marking on the envelope which department you are interested in joining, to Department Name, The City Ground Nottingham NG2 5FJ.The letter should include:- Your preferred dates for Work Experience- Your age and contact details- The name of the school/college which you attend- School contact name and number- Your reasons for wanting to come to The City GroundTrials at Nottingham ForestWe get a lot of requests regarding trials at Nottingham Forest.Like most clubs, we have a network of scouts who work for the club on a local, national and international basis. They look at players from under 7's up to semi-professional football. They will recommend players for trial.The club do not hold open trials. We always watch players at their local club/school before inviting them in for trial.For more information please click here to go to our Academy pages.Recruitment Policy StatementWe recognise that the Club's success depends upon the calibre of its people. We want to enable all our employees to reach their potential insofar as this is possible within the objectives of Nottingham Forest Football Club, to the mutual benefit of the individual and the organisation.
Our recruitment policy therefore is to identify clearly the role and responsibilities of each job and its contribution to the business as a whole, being flexible where possible in our working practices in order to attract and retain a high calibre of employee. To ensure that we integrate our staff development programme with the needs of the business, wherever possible we will offer newly available posts to internal candidates before seeking a wider range of candidates.
Our aim is to establish an effective workforce, instilling in our employees a desire for excellence, a willingness to take on individual responsibility and to be flexible, and an acceptance of the importance of team co-operation. We take for granted personal integrity, a commitment to self-development and self-reliance. We will encourage innovation.
Skills, experience, potential and motivation will be the major discriminating factors in selecting individuals into jobs. Where it is possible for the job to be done effectively by a qualified part-time employee, or on a job-share basis, we will actively promote the job in this way.
We recognise that as far as possible the offer of employment should indicate a long-term commitment but will consider carefully alternatives in order to meet short-term resource requirements or the needs of our employees.
We will ensure that information is openly available on jobs for which there is not already an identified successor. This will normally be by open advertising within the Club.
We recognise that a vacancy should wherever possible, create a career development opportunity for an existing employee.
Managers are responsible for developing their staff to ensure proactive succession planning within their department. Where changes in human resource requirements are necessary, they will consider alternatives to meet short-term requirements. They will consider all applicants and make the recruitment decision in line with the Club's equal opportunities policy.
Provides support to managers in exercising their responsibilities specifically in the following areas:
1. Advising on appropriate recruitment methods
2. Planning the recruitment process
3. Drafting job and person specifications
4. Establishing the market rate of pay for the position
5. Assisting with the interviewing and testing of candidates
6. Obtaining employment references
7. Monitoring equal opportunities
8. Making offers of employment
* We will endeavour to provide appropriate staffing levels in all areas in line with agreed business needs.
* Our recruitment practices will be viewed as fair and professional to both internal clients and potential employees.
* We will actively promote the appointment of internal candidates whilst ensuring that this does not compromise on our recruitment standards.
* We will actively encourage managers to review their department structure in order to review the necessity for recruitment.
* Where possible we shall ensure that external appointments will be made at least one level below board level.
* We will ensure that the remuneration for a given position is sufficient to recruit and retain the appropriate calibre of staff.
* All external advertising will be professional and portray the desired Club image in line with corporate advertising.
* Since each appointment is viewed as a key business decision, the recruitment process will be geared to identifying the key skills, knowledge and attitudes required in the successful candidate.
* Employees will be recruited on the basis of their qualifications and experience to do the work to be performed, regardless of sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, and disability or union membership status. In view of this, we will ensure that each manager adheres to the equal opportunities policy and provides management information in relation to this.
* We will ensure that each new recruit undergoes induction training in order to maximise the rate of individual and organisational learning.
* We will continuously review the success of our recruitment process and in doing so continue to improve upon it.
* Prior to vacancies arising we will prompt managers to consider actively succession planning within their department so that vacancies can provide development opportunities for other individuals within the department.
* We will initiate discussion with the manager to ascertain if a vacancy requires advertising, or if it can be filled by a change of job responsibilities within the department, or if temporary cover is more appropriate.
* Once a vacancy has been identified, we will work closely with the appointing manager to produce a job and person specification capable of supporting selection decisions of the highest standards.
* We will advise on appropriate objective assessment methods that will identify the key criteria as outlined in the job and person specifications.
* Recruitment process, timetable and service standards will be agreed in conjunction with the appointing manager.
* All jobs will be advertised internally. External advertising will only take place when there is reasonable justification, for example, where a position carries very tight person specification criteria that only a limited number of people are likely to fit.
* All advertising will be non-discriminatory against gender, marital status, creed, colour, race, ethnic origin, nationality or disability and will not contain matters likely to cause widespread offence.
* Advertisements will be as specific as possible and geared to attracting only those who fill the essential person specification criteria.
* Response handling will be dealt with efficiently and professionally. We will ensure that applications are acknowledged within two days of receipt and applicants will be informed about when they are likely to receive further communication.
* Active consideration of all applicants will take place regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, and disability or union membership status. This process will be monitored and management information produced.
* All job offers will be made on condition that the successful candidate can provide two business references which are satisfactory to us, undergoes a medical examination whose results are acceptable to us and, where qualifications have been stated to be essential for the successful candidate, has furnished proof of their compliance with that requirement.
Until all three conditions have been met, an unconditional offer will not be issued.
* All successful candidates will, wherever possible, receive a copy of the terms and conditions on which employment is offered with their offer letter.
* Prior to an individual commencing employment, an appropriate induction process will be designed.
* After the individual has been appointed, we will review the recruitment process with the manager to ascertain what went well and where improvements could be made. On a regular basis we will examine the longer-term effectiveness of our recruitment strategy and make amendments where necessary.