Skip to main content

Match Report


Posted Sat 13 Nov 10 at 17:02 PM

Nottingham Forest 0 v 0 QPR

A goalless draw at the City Ground means that both teams' records remain intact. Forest keep up their unbeaten run at the City Ground while QPR are still unbeaten in the League this season.

Shots on target were few and far between in the first half as Forest were put under pressure every time they got the ball by a confident looking QPR.

Forest were significantly better in the second half,creating some good football. But in spite of putting pressure on QPR and bringing on three strikers they were unable to find the elusive winner.

Both sides closed each other down from the start and it was ten minutes before Forest's first chance came from a good corner taken by Lewis McGugan. Dexter Blackstock got up well to win the ball in the air and send it back across goal but it just cleared the bar.

Rangers came close with a looping header from Kyle Walker from the edge of the box which forced Lee Camp to dive to his left and punch the ball out for a corner.

McGugan created a chance when he did well to win the ball ten yards inside his own half. He turned and made a run forward before shooting, but his effort from 25 yards was just over the bar.

Rangers had a shout for a penalty when the ball was deflected into the path of Tommy Smith who went down under the challenge of McGugan but the referee judged it to be fair.

Rangers came close on the half hour mark when Forest gave the ball away, allowing Adel Taarabt to send the ball flying towards goal from 30 yards out, forcing an excellent save from Camp, who put the ball out for a corner.

There were no more chances for either side before the break but the away side looked the more dangerous and Paddy Kenny didn't have a save to make throughout the half.

Rangers were on the attack early in the second half and a good cross from Smith looked dangerous when Camp was unable to reach the ball and it came back across the face of goal before eventually going out for a goal kick.

And they threatened again when Jamie Mackie made a good run down the right and managed to get past McGugan but the Forest player put enough pressure on him to force Mackie to put the ball into the side netting.

A great run by Blackstock created a chance as he beat two men as he burst towards the goal and his long-range shot forced Kenny's first save of the game.

It was Blackstock's last involvement in the game as Forest made a double substitution just after the hour mark with Dele Adebola and Robert Earnshaw coming on for Blackstock and Raddy Majewski.

The City Ground came alive as Forest made their best move of the game when Adebola flicked the ball out to Anderson who crossed it back in to McGugan. He was denied by a fantastic save by Kenny and when the ball came back into play Earnshaw was bundled over inside the box by Alejandro Faurlin. There were shouts for a penalty from the players, the dugout and the crowd but they fell on deaf ears.

Rangers broke from one end of the pitch to the other and when substitute Patrick Agyemang laid the ball up for Taarabt, Camp had to react quickly to reach up and tip the ball over the bar for a corner.

Forest looked the more threatening in the closing stages of the game and it was a tense finish as the hopes of thehome crowd were raised but neither side were able to break the deadlock.

Forest: Camp, Gunter, Morgan, Chambers, Bertrand, Cohen, McKenna(C), McGugan(Tyson 79min), Majewski(Earnshaw 61min), Anderson, Blackstock(Adebola 61min)
Subs not used: Smith(GK), Moussi, Lynch, McCleary,
Bookings: Blackstock 28min, McKenna 85min

QPR: Kenny, Hill, Derry, Tarabt(C)(Rowlands 89min), Faurlin, Mackie, Gorkss, Walker, Hulse(Agyemang 68min), Smith, Ephraim(Clarke 79min)
Subs not used: Hall,, Cerny(GK), Borrowdale, Andrade
Bookings: Hulse 65min, Derry 90+3

Referee: A P D'Urso

Attendance: 22,859 Away attn 2,076

    Latest Match Reports